Nothing is more satisfying than a hot meal after a great day of skiing ! And so, to whet your appetite, here’s the story of our chef Louison’s famous spaghetti sauce.
For years now here at Bromont, montagne d’expériences, a special recipe has been a crowd pleaser among kids and adults alike. Exactly 16 years ago, our chef Louison cooked up a secret formula to make a hearty, good old-fashioned spaghetti sauce. Everyone agrees it’s the best in town !
For the longest time, Louison would start preparing his special sauce every morning at 2 am. Given the popularity of the spaghetti platter, he needed to prepare a huge batch to satisfy the appetite of skiers and boarders. At one point, we tried to give him a break by having the sauce produced by an outside supplier. But to no avail ! The taste just didn’t measure up to his standards or to the original recipe. And so, Louison continued to make the sauce himself here at the resort.
- It took 6 months to find the winning recipe. It has been exactly the same ever since.
- When Louison fires up his stove to make a batch of spaghetti sauce, he prepares a full 112 litres. Believe it or not, it’s sometimes all gone by the end of the day !
- Each batch requires 25 kg of meat, 6 kg of vegetables, 8 different spices and 68 litres of liquid.
- To mix such a huge batch of sauce, Louison has no choice but to use a paddle, a method he developed back in 2000.
- Since the start of the current season on December 2, 1 700 litres of spaghetti sauce have already been prepared.
Now that your mouth is watering, the only thing left for you to do is to come and taste Louison’s famous sauce featured in the various dishes offered at La Débarque Bistro-bar, the Refuge at the Chalet du Village, the Chalet du Lac or the Chalet Soleil. Sample it for yourself and you’ll see it’s darn good sauce !